By / Troy Said
Furniture Removalists Tip and Tricks
Furniture Removalists Tips and Tricks
- Begin packing early and only pack one room at a time.
- Start packing items that are not used frequently, such as books, out of season clothing.
- Label each carton (Interstate Removals can supply) on the sides and top with its contents and the room it is going into.
- Heavy items like books and appliances should be packed in their own smaller sized box or spread evenly so that they are lighter to handle.
Furniture Removals Protection
- Individually wrap and pack each item with paper or bubble wrap.
- Purchase good quality packing material including tape.
- Place packing paper or buffering such as towels at the bottom of each carton.
- Mark cartons as Heavy or Fragile if necessary.
- Pack boxes to their full capacity by using crunched packing paper to fill empty spaces, but do not overload in such a way that the box may lose its shape, or rupture.
- Don’t be shy with your packing tape to secure both sides of each box.